The Shimano Core 100MGFV (FV stands for Flipping Version) is designed to be the ultimate lightweight power fishing reel. Constructed with a magnesium frame and sideplates this reel weighs in at an astonishing 6.7 ounces. The HEG gearing gives this reel plenty of fighting power and the 11lbs of drag will allow you to tame just about any fish. There is no question mark when it comes to durability with the Core. Tackle Warehouse staff tested this reel for three straight days with braided line on Lake El Salto. This reel handled hundreds of casts, hooksets and fish.
Not only is this reel extremely light it is extremely comfortable to hold during the cast and retrieve. The all new 100 size frame design is ergonomic and becomes an extension of the rod. One of the most exciting features of this reel is the incorporation of the Instagage II clutch system. The Instagage II allows you to instantly engage the reel with either hand. The 7.0:1 gear ratio gives you burn back retrieve speed and combined with the HEG gearing you can move fish quick and efficiently. The Core represents the next generation of Shimano magnesium reels.
- Magnumlite Spool Design This spool provides extremely low startup inertia for increased line control and casting performance even when using lightweight baits or lures. This is accomplished through using lightweight aluminum alloys and a unique design that moves the mass of the spool outward.
- S A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated ball bearings that are 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings.
- A-RB Roller Bearing
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG) is not only the oversized gears, but also includes the setplate and sideplate, which allow for a high speed retrieve while providing unbelievable fish-moving torque.
- Super Free (SF) bearing supported pinion gear system eliminates friction between the pinion gear and spool shaft for increased freespool.
- Variable Brake System (VBS) uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast for increased distance and adjustability.
- Reduced Mass VBS hub reduces the weight of the spool increasing freespool and reducing start up inertia.
- Escape Hatch Easy to use trigger allows quick access to the VBS weights and keeps the sideplate smooth for comfort when palming the reel.
- Dartainium Drag material provides a wide range of drag settings and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Cold Forged Handle Shank is much stronger than a pressed or cast handle for non-flexing durability.
- Septon Handle Grips This handle grip material is soft to the touch and does not get slippery when wet.
- Recessed Reel Foot allows the reel to sit closer to the rod for comfort and maneuverability.
- Rubber Shielded Cast Control Knob
- Tapered Ti Levelwind Insert
- Drilled Handle Shank reduces the weight of the reel without sacrificing strength.
- High Strength Brass Drive Gear
- Instagage II (CORE100MG Only)
- PV Power Grips
|Bearings: 4 SA-RB/1A-RB|
Line Cap: 10/110, 12/90
Comments:Super sick reel! Paired with any Carrot Stix rod and you are using one of the lightest and most ergonomic setups in the biz. Flip all day with absolutely no fatigue.
From:Vince: Orange, CA
***Note: If you have questions about this product or need assistance with an order please email your questions to email@example.com
Place Your Order
More Shimano Reels Casting
The top-of-the-line Shimano Calcutta Conquest Casting Reel delivers ultra premium round reel performance that fits in the palm of your hand combined with Shimano's most advanced reel technologies.
Tougher, stronger and more powerful than ever before, the new Shimano Curado 200 I Casting Reel lives up to the Curado's reputation of baitcasting excellence and reliability.
Shimano's Metanium Casting Reel is loaded with Shimano's newest, most advanced features to provide lightweight, versatile performance even the most seasoned tournament anglers can appreciate.
Delivering top-of-the-line performance with Shimano's new SVS Infinity Brake System and Micro Module Gearing, the Shimano Antares Casting Reel is the new flagship of Shimano's baitcasting lineup.
2013 ICAST "Best of Show" Freshwater Reel Winner, the Shimano Chronarch 150 CI4+ Series Casting Reel is packed with Shimano's latest technologies, including X-Ship Gearing, CI4+ material, and the SVS Infinity Casting System.
Brand new for 2012 - the Shimano Calcutta D Series Casting Reels are the next generation in round reels. They combine the classic performance of the originals with a host of key new features and enhancements.
The Calais DC is the Rembrandt of Shimano baitcasting reels. The beautiful black nickel body houses the best of what Shimano has to offer. Nothing is held back with the Shimano Calais DC: 11 ball bearings, solid aluminum frame and 4X8 DC technology make the Calais DC a masterpiece.
Featuring a lightning fast 7.0:1 gear ratio and lightweight magnesium construction, the Shimano Core 100MG7 Casting Reels are designed to be the ultimate, lightweight baitcasting reels.
The new CORE reels by Shimano are designed to be the ultimate, lightweight baitcasting reels. Made with magnesium frames and sideplates, and MagnumliteTM spool construction.
Perfect for light line and finesse fishing, the extremely light Shimano Core 50MG has the smallest profile of any Shimano reel. Blazing fast as well, its loaded with premium components and features.
The popular Shimano Chronarch 200 E Series Casting Reels are the recent recipients of a facelift and some minor adjustments. Now more affordable, they still provide the smooth, lightweight performance that anglers love.
Offering a compact, palmable design, the low-profile Shimano Chronarch 50E Series Casting Reels are perfect for finesse and light line applications when you still want the speed and control of a casting reel.
High speed, high power, high line capacity and low profile. The Shimano Curado 300E blends all of these qualities into one reel.
Adding high speed to the high line capacity and serious power of the Curado 300 Series, the Shimano Curado 300EJ Casting Reel features a blazing fast gear ratio of 6.9:1.
The popular Shimano Citica 200 G Series Casting Reels deliver a new look, and the same performance and value that have made them perennial favorites with anglers.
An extremely versatile reel, the Shimano Caenan Casting Reel offers the Shimano performance and features that anglers love - now at a more affordable price point.
Affordably priced and packed with premium Shimano features, the Shimano Caius 200 Series Casting Reels offer the smooth, consistent functioning that anglers have come to expect from Shimano.
Calcutta is the classic round framed reel that defines perfection. Super-strong, ultralight forged aluminum frames and sideplates ensure that all parts will remain in perfect alignment for lifelong smooth power and solid rigidity.
The Shimano Cardiff A Series casting reels have all the great features of a round reel without sacrificing the benefits of a low profile design. The Super Stopper instant anti-reverse, the VBS anti-backlash system, and deep anodized sideplates make the Shimano Cardiff reel a winner!
The Shimano Corvalus offers a cast aluminum frame and aluminum sideplates for longer smoother life and increased casting efficiency. The Super Stopper and Assist Stopper ensures there is no back play in your spool for rocksolid hooksets.
The Shimano Calcutta TE DC Casting Reel offers Total Efficiency, and Digital Control. That is what the Calcutta TE DC stands for. The Digital Control is one of Shimano's most advanced features and found in no other reel on the planet.